Smart Growth California is hiring a half-time program consultant. They are looking for someone who is a self-starter, organized, detail oriented, smart and fun to work with, and who is supportive of the mission and work of Smart Growth California.
Smart Growth California was founded in 2009 by the Funders’ Network for Smart Growth and Livable Communities (TFN) and The San Francisco Foundation to support funders who are working to build healthy, equitable and sustainable communities throughout California. The network is dedicated to helping bolster and support foundations in their efforts to advance transportation, land use and other reforms that will benefit all Californians and the communities in which they live. The initiative has the following objectives:
- Increase the number of foundations acting strategically and actively on these issues in California,
- Increase the knowledge of California foundations about these issues;
- Foster collaboration among foundations in order to increase their effectiveness and impact at addressing these issues in California;
- Increase financial resources devoted to addressing these issues in the state; and
- Support a select group of foundations that are engaged in sustained and meaningful action to address these issues in California.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or recruiters, please. You can find the job description here: program-consultant-11-3-16